Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Past Poetic Challenge

 
 
Cruisin' across the Sahara in my 1952 Cadillac,
I was singing along to a song, thinking about Jack Kerouac.

Coming over the next rise, I never expected to see,
Such a conflagration of Walruses looking back at me.

Passing a lone daisy under the sun set on broil,
They were making their way across the big sandy soil.

Thoughts evolving and revolving inside of my brain,
Led me to believe I might be under a bit of a strain.

Searching for my bottle of purified mineral water,
I quenched my thirst and prayed for no less than an hour.

That these visions of sea mammals would quickly pass.
And leave me to sing songs in my old Cadillac.

*************************************************************************


This was a challenge for the group Charminly Fun on Hello Poetry
Jan 23, 2011 to use the provided words in a poem.  These were the provided words:

Cadillac.  Daisy.  Evolve.  Walrus.  Mineral.  Conflagration.  Sahara.

Should anyone out there wish to give it a try I would love to see what you come up with and have it posted here in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment