Friday, September 7, 2012

The Ones I Admire - My grandma Wallace

My grandma was married to a terrible man.  But, she raised her children.  After her husband died, I'm not sure where her life led her for a few years.  But once I started paying attention, I found that she was supporting herself by being a live-in caretaker.  I came to know her as a strong, independent woman.  She had strong faith in the Bible.  She also had strong views on many subjects. When I lived with her for a short while she would make me Gingerbread from scratch.  She loved to sew crazy quilts and her bathroom was done entirely in pink.  I love my grandma and still miss her.  I remember the times we would walk up to the store together and talk and eat ice cream cones while it snowed.  She was a great woman.  And she never minded that I would roll her dice when it was her turn when we played Chutes and Ladders or Candyland. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment